We are seeking dedicated and empathetic Call Centre Operators to join our team at 13SICK, in St Leonards. In this role, you will be the first point of contact for individuals seeking medical advice and assistance. You will provide a compassionate and efficient service, gathering information from callers and connecting them with a GP through technology. This position has a strong technology focus and requires excellent communication skills, a customer-focused approach, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
This job is in the office and casual work during the evenings, overnight and weekends is avaialble.
- Handle Inbound Calls: Respond to incoming calls from patients, nursing homes, caregivers, and medical professionals seeking to book a consultation with an after hours GP.
- Provide Support: Collect relevant information from callers, such as symptoms, medical history, and other details necessary for accurate assessment.
- Maintain Confidentiality: Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all patient information and adhere to relevant data protection regulations.
- Assess Urgency: Determine the urgency of each call and prioritise them accordingly, ensuring that critical cases receive immediate attention.
- Connect Callers: Transfer calls to appropriate medical professionals, doctors, nurses, ambulance, or police.
- Follow Protocols: Adhere to company guidelines and protocols for handling different types of medical situations and emergencies.
- Document Calls: Maintain detailed and accurate call records in the company’s database.
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service: Deliver a high level of customer service, showing empathy, patience, and understanding to callers in distress.
- Collaborate with Team: Work closely with other Call Centre Operators and medical staff to ensure a seamless and efficient service.
- Stay Informed: Keep up-to-date with medical procedures, protocols, and industry developments to provide accurate information to callers.
- Clear written and spoken English communication skills.
- Technology literacy is essential.
- Previous experience in a call centre or customer service role is a plus.
- Strong communication and active listening skills.
- Empathy and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Familiarity with medical terminology is advantageous but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle high call volumes.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Adherence to confidentiality and data protection policies.
- Competitive salary.
- Training will be provided.
- Opportunities to make a difference by helping individuals in need.
- Schedule will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
If you are passionate about making a difference to the Australian population, have a strong sense of empathy, and can work effectively in a high-pressure environment, we encourage you to apply for the position of Call Centre Operator at 13SICK. This role would be perfect for a university study. Join us in providing essential deputising medical support to those who need it most.
13SICK is the leading deputising healthcare service provider committed to delivering high-quality medical assistance and support to individuals in need. We operate an after-hours call centre that connects patients with experienced medical professionals, ensuring timely access to GPs out of hours. As a Call Centre Operator at 13SICK, you will play a crucial role in facilitating this vital service, helping people receive out of hours GP urgent care through the use of technology.