It’s been ten colourful years of the Hornsby Art Prize, so make this year your year to enter! If you have a talent for art, whether that means painting, drawing, printmaking, 3D works or digital art (stills), you could be the next winner of the coveted Hornsby Art Prize, which is worth a cool $10,000. Here’s everything you need to know about entering.
In 2019, Hornsby Shire Council and the Hornsby Art Society are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Hornsby Art Prize. The prize has changed significantly over the past ten years. From a prize with 4 categories, a major prize worth $5000.00 and delivered in a community centre, to the prize it is today; delivered over two sites, (including its home site at Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre), with 5 categories, a $10,000 major prize and a $13,000 commitment to the supporting prizes.
The Hornsby Art Prize is aimed at encouraging the creative talents of people and providing a showcase for their works. The prize is open to artists from across Australia and its goals are to;
- Identify and celebrate outstanding local artists
- Promote and encourage the local emerging artists in Hornsby Shire
- Position the work of Hornsby Shire artists within the wider context of the Australian contemporary art environment
- Encourage artists to aspire to excellence
- Increase awareness of culture and the Visual Arts within the region
- Recognise the contribution that the visual arts make towards a vibrant, healthy community
The Hornsby Art Prize is an annual art award and exhibition organised and sponsored by Hornsby Shire Council and delivered in partnership with the Hornsby Art Society. You can enter your work across five different entry categories;
- 3D works
- Digital Art – Stills
The major prize is worth $10,000 cash and is sponsored by Hornsby Shire Council. Eligible entrants will be considered for the Hornsby Shire Emerging Artist and the Wallarobba Outstanding Local Artist Awards. Entries are now open and close midnight, Saturday 3 August 2019.
- What: Hornsby Art Prize Call For Entries
- When: Entries are now open and close midnight, Saturday 3 August 2019
- More details: Hornsby Art Prize Call for Entries
More art-spiration here: