Halloween Treasure Hunt time! Are you looking for a spooktacular Halloween activity for your kids? Perfect for a Covid-safe alternative to Trick or Treating, a scavenger hunt is guaranteed to delight your kids and satisfy their need for sweet treats this Halloween!
How to plan a Halloween Treasure Hunt
With our FREE Halloween Treasure Hunt printables, it couldn’t be easier to plan the activity!
All you need to do is get everything you need before the treasure hunt, so there’s no last-minute rush – like sweet treats and prizes.
What you need for a Halloween Treasure Hunt
Treasure Hunt clues
We’ve sorted this for you! Download and print our FREE Halloween Treasure Hunt printable.
Cut out the ten clues, and hide them around the house in the correct ‘next’ hiding place.
- Washing machine
- Dining table
- Cupboard where plates are kept
- Toy box
- Television screen
- Bed (under pillow or doona)
- Living room couch
- Front door (under the door mat?)
- Child’s wardrobe
Treats & Prizes
What would a treasure hunt be without any treasure? Stock up on plenty of Halloween-themed prizes to hide with each clue. Halloween sweets always go down a treat but if you’re keen to avoid giving your kids even more sugar on Halloween, pick up a selection of small toys instead.
Good hiding places
We’ve kept our Halloween scavenger hunt clues fairly vague so that you can vary the level of difficulty of your treasure hunt for older and younger children.
Want to make your scavenger hunt more difficult for older children? Here are a few ideas:
- Choose harder hiding places (for example, for the clue that leads to the bookshelf, you could hide the treat on a shelf but for older kids you could hide it in pages of a book)
- Set a time limit (the shorter the time limit, the more exciting the treasure hunt will be!)
- Turn down the lights to make your treasure hunt even more spooky and the clues harder to spot!
Want more Halloween fun?
- Fun ideas to celebrate Halloween in a COVID-safe way
- Halloween and COVID-Safe Trick or Treating
- Gallery: Halloween on the North Shore 2019
- Spooky Halloween treats to make at home
- Halloween Craft: Colourful at-home fun!