On this family-friendly experience, you’ll discover some of Newtown’s best street art, while the kids are kept entertained with delicious ice cream samples from local businesses.
Starting in a park close to Newtown’s main street, your host will give a brief introduction to what types of street art there are, and the stories they tell. You’ll then set off on a 5-minute walk past beautiful old houses to your first ice cream stop. To start your ice cream adventure, we’re transporting you to Italy, with a scoop of super creamy gelato.
You’ll then explore the backstreets of Newtown with your guide weaving in entertaining stories behind the colourful street art. A second dessert stop is provided near a park, with a gourmet take on an Aussie classic. You’ll have a short break, and kids can draw their own street art (pencils & paper provided) or play.
Continuing your street art journey, you’ll re-join the main road, with a few more pieces of art to discover before finishing with another scoop of ice cream – this time, we’re heading to Turkey. Anyone with a sweet tooth is going to love this place!
This is where your experience ends, but your host can recommend one more ice cream stop if you’re still hungry!
- 2 hour guided activity (approx. 1.5 km covered)
- 2 ice cream servings (a single scoop at 2 different locations)
- 1 other small dessert serving
- Option of coffee or tea for parents/adults at 1 of the food stops
- Coloured pencils and paper for children to draw their own street art
- Map with recommendations for more street art to explore
- Group photos