The Easter school holidays are almost here, so it’s time to start planning! If you’re looking for some fun things for your kids to do around Sydney’s North Shore these holidays, you’ve come to the right place! Our Easter School Holiday Guide is bursting with fun options – from holiday programs, vacation care and workshops, including performing arts, public speaking, coding, robotics, resilience, cooking, tennis, swimming, multi-sports and so much more!
So have a scroll down the list of events below, and click the Quicklink to go directly to the listing with all the event details!
- Australian Institute for Performing Arts – Performing Arts Program, Artarmon
- Big Music Rock Camp – Music programs, Crows Nest
- Bop till you Drop – Performing Arts Workshops, Lane Cove
- CRU Camps – Fun activity camps, Rouse Hill, Galston & more
- Humpty Sports Holiday Camps –multi-sport holiday program for preschoolers, Castle Cove
- Inspire Tennis – Tennis Camps, Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills
- Kids Circle – Baking, Arts, Science, Sports & Dance, Chatswood
- Love’n Deuce – Tennis Camps, St Leonards & Castle Cove
- Marian Street Theatre – Performing Arts Program, Gordon & Killara
- PIEX Education – Coding & Robotics workshops, Neutral Bay
- Resilience Holiday Camps – Resilience building program in Roseville, Neutral Bay, Cammeray and Collaroy
- Simply Fun – robotics, sports, arts, dance, drama and more, Chatswood
- Sydney Speaking School – debating & public speaking workshops, North Sydney
- Turramurra Learn to Swim – intensive swim program
Vacation Care & Holiday Programs on the North Shore
CRU Camps (Rouse Hill, Galston, Lake Macquarie, Canyonleigh and surrounds)
Unfortunately the Autumn CRU camps have been cancelled. Click here for an update regarding COVID-19 and CRU Camps.
Simply Fun Holiday Program (Chatswood)
North Shore Mums Offer: Book by 23 March for 10% off.
Join Simply Fun for a holiday program jam-packed with excitement and fun. They run a variety of different classes every day that are not only enjoyable for the children, but give them a chance to learn different skills and try new things. From drama to robotics, arts & crafts, hip hop, and ninja gymnastics – they offer a wide array of classes taught by expert instructors who engage and encourage all participants.
Half days, single days or full weeks available. Morning tea and afternoon tea provided. Timetable available on their website. You can also redeem your Creative Kids Voucher and/or Active Kids Voucher.
- When: 14-17 & 20-24 April
- Where: Lot 4, Level 1, 445 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
- Suited for: 5-11 years
- Cost: 10% Early bird special (until 23 March), $58 for a half day ( Morning: 9am – 12pm; Afternoon: 1pm – 4pm); $98 for a full day（9am – 4pm）
- Contact: (02) 8593-3177 or email [email protected]
- Website: simplyfun.com.au
Kids Circle Holiday Program (Chatswood)
North Shore Mums Offer: Early bird prices until 15 March.
Kids Circle offers a completely new experience each day, to help unleash kids’ creativity whilst making friends during the school holidays! This Autumn, Kids Circle is offering:
- Master Chef sessions with a Le Cordon Bleu Certified Chef: Animal themed cupcake and Pizza Craziness Day (making savoury and chocolate pizzas from scratch!).
- Arts & Crafts: Decorate your real Kite, Plant pots and paint on canvas!
- STEAM: Slime! Tiles Décor-Art with and Funky Whirly Spinners making.
- Special Guests: “Puppetry”: learn the secrets on mouth action, to connect with audience and more! facilitated by Julie Z. and “Brain Games”, a brain-boosting workshop based on positive psychology and creative thinking facilitated by Elizabeth M. and Gavin F.
Two workshops a day: Pick and choose, from half-days to full-week!
- When: 20-24 April, 8am – 6pm. Workshops 9am-12pm & 1-4pm, bring your lunch: 12-1pm. Free extended hours: 8-9am and 4-6pm.
- Where: 28 Chatswood Avenue, Chatswood (with free and private parking).
- Suited for: 5-9 years
- Cost: Early bird price (until 15 March). Half-day workshops from $59 (9am-12pm or 1-4pm), full day workshops from $99 (8am-6pm). You can also redeem your $100 Creative Kids Voucher.
- Website: kidscircle.com.au/holiday-program
Easter School Holiday Performing Arts Programs
Bop till you Drop Performing Arts Workshop (Lane Cove)
North Shore Mums Offer: enter code NSMN17 for $20 off. Offer applies to 2 day bookings only. Not valid with any other offer, except creative kids voucher.
Bop till you Drop has been running educational and fun programs for 17 years. Their professional teachers will gently encourage and teach your child new skills in dancing, singing and acting, as well as craft, cooking and science to break up the action-packed day. There are six classes per day and each class runs for 45 minutes. The program is aimed at building self-esteem in your child. You will also get to see them perform in a concert and receive a certificate on the last day. The concert is an important part to building confidence and public speaking skills.
- When: 21 & 22 April, 9am to 3.30pm (extended hrs 8.00 – 5.00 optional extra)
- Where: Lane Cove Country Club, 180 River Rd, Lane Cove
- Suited for: 5-12 years
- Cost: $65 per day (includes $20 OFF, enter code NSMN17)
- Website: boptillyoudrop.com.au
Marian Street Theatre for Young People (Gordon & Killara)
Are you one of those parents who worries their child is shy and might not enjoy drama? Many children need help to develop confidence, and encouragement for their creativity. A Drama Holiday Workshop is a very cost (and time) effective way to get drama into a crazy schedule, and build those essential life skills needed in school and beyond!
These Easter School Holidays, why not get creative with the language of Shakespeare, or learn to YouTube? Or, why not try to Make A Play in a week?
- When: 14 – 24 April. 1 – 5 day workshops available: Shakespeare, Discover Drama, Make a Play and YouTube Workshops.
- Where: St John’s Hall, Gordon, St Martin’s Hall, Killara
- Suited for: 5-16 years
- Cost: $145 – $445 (depending on length of workshop). You can also get $100 with a Creative Kids Voucher!
- Website: mstyp.org.au
Australian Institute for Performing Arts (Artarmon)
No matter your child’s age or interest, there’ something for every performer to explore these Easter School Holidays at Australian Institute for Performing Arts (AIPA) in Artarmon.
- Little Groovers (4-5 years): Sing, dance and act.
- Take Centre Stage (5-12 years): Drama, dance, singing and creative arts with daily performances.
- Abracadabra (8–13 years); Budding magicians will learn tricks to amaze. Kit included.
- Come & Be A Start (8–14 years): Think it’s not possible to put on a show in 5 days? Join us to find out!
- High School performers can explore Clown Doctoring, TV Presenting and/or have a Masterclass with a US Casting Director.
- When: 15-19 April & 20-24 April
- Where: 4/2 George Street, Artarmon
- Suited for: 4-19 years
- Cost: From $40
- Website: theschoolataipa.com.au
Big Music Holiday Rock Camp (Crows Nest)
Every school holidays, Big Music in Crows Nest runs fun music programs for kids aged 5 to 17 catering for all levels of musical experience and ability. The emphasis of their camp programs is fun and participation in playing and performing popular music with other kids. All kids have access to Big Music’s extensive studio facilities and the latest equipment, as well as our team of inspiring professional musician coaches. Each program culminates with an awesome performance at Big Music for family & friends.
- When: 14-17 April & 20 April – 24 April, 9am to 3pm (optional before and after care)
- Where: 85 Alexander St, Crows Nest
- Suited for: 5-17 years
- Cost: $120 per day
- Website: bigmusic.com.au
Sydney Speaking School (North Sydney)
North Shore Mums Offer: Get $20 off if you book before Saturday 15 March 2020!
If your children are struggling with their confidence, their ability to express themselves or structure their thoughts, this is the solution! These Easter School Holidays, Sydney Speaking School is offering a range of holiday workshops in debating and public speaking for school students. Run by a team of highly-experienced public speakers and debaters, Sydney Speaking School seeks to help students of all ages and backgrounds find their voice in a fun and supportive environment.
- When: 14-24 April, 9am to 3pm (afternoon supervision until 5 pm on offer)
- Where: Shore School, Blue Street, North Sydney
- Suited for: Year 1 – Year 9
- Cost: $180
- Website: speakingschools.com.au
Resilience Holiday Camps
Resilience Holiday Camps (Roseville, Waverton, Cammeray & more)
Resilience Holiday Camps are fun and play-based and build children’s resilience. They help children feel OK dealing with tricky stuff through drama, craft, storytelling and lots of games – kids love them! The camps are for everyday children experiencing everyday challenges. Read Covid-19 response.
- When: 15-23 April
- Where: Online!
- Suited for: 5-12 years
- Cost: tba
- Website: resilienceinkids.com.au
Coding and Robotics
PIEX Education Limited (Neutral Bay)
North Shore Mums Offer: Use the code NSM_20_T120 for $20 discount. Valid until 15 April 2020
“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think” – Margaret Mead
PIEX provides STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) holiday programs all over Sydney focusing on sustainable technology. The goal of the PIEX program is to prepare kids for the 21st century and to cultivate a sustainable mindset with technological innovation!
- When: 15-17 April, 9am to 5pm
- Where: Neutral Bay Club, 3 Westleigh Street, Neutral Bay
- Suited for: 6-12 years
- Cost: $340
- Website: piexeducation.com
Easter School Holiday Sports Camps
Humpty Sports Holiday Camps (Castle Cove)
Looking for some Easter School Holiday fun for your little ones? Enrol them into Humpty Camp! This multi-sport holiday program is designed specifically for children 2½–7 and is run by energetic and professional staff. It offers a wonderful opportunity for children to develop their sporting and social skills and to increase their self confidence in a safe, caring and fun filled environment! Theme days, craft activities and lots more make for a great time. Camp is always on rain or shine. You can book for a full week or just a day!
- When: Camp 1: 14-17 April | Camp 2: 20-24 April
- Where: Willis Park, 325a Eastern Valley Way, Castle Cove
- Suited for: 2.5-7 years
- Cost: Camp 1: (9am-1pm): $65/day or $230/4-day camp | (9am-3pm): $85/day, or $295/4-day camp | (9am-5pm) $105/day or $365/4-day camp.
Camp 2: (9am-1pm): $65/day or $285/5-day camp | (9am-3pm): $85/day or $365/5-day camp | (9am-5pm): $105/day or $450/5-day camp.
- Website: lovendeuce.com.au
Inspire Tennis & Sports Camps (Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills)
Inspire Tennis’ School Holiday Programs are fun, exciting and provide a learning pathway for every child. Their school holiday camps are held in a variety of convenient tennis club locations on the North Shore. It’s a brilliant way for kids to spend over 20 hours each week, improving their tennis skills. There is also flexibility with casual bookings, plus before & after care. The programs are held every week of the holiday period rain, hail or shine!
- When: 9-27 April
- Where: Killara Lawn Tennis Club, Roseville Kooroora Tennis Club & Terrey Hills Tennis Club
- Suited for: 2.5-15 years
- Cost: From $40/day
- Website: inspiretennis.com.au
Love’n Deuce Tennis Camp (St Leonards and Castle Cove)
The team at Love’n Deuce run brilliant Tennis Holiday Camp programs which focuses on tennis skill development and game play, and other sport activities add to the fun. These camps are an excellent way for children to develop their tennis skills, make new friends and have some fun. Kids are placed in groups, from beginner to advanced, according to their age and playing experience. The Top Gun program, aimed at kids 10 to 17yrs, provides a great mix of coaching drills, tactical play and tournaments. The singles tournament of the week has a $200 prize pool. You can book for a full week or just a day. Get involved in Tennis these holiday, the sport for life.
- When: Camp 1: 14-17 April | Camp 2: 20-24 April, 9:30am – 3:30pm. Drop off from 8:30am. After camp care available 3:30 – 6:00pm at a rate of $10/hr.
- Where: Talus Street, St Leonards (Red, Orange, Green & Yellow Ball/Top Gun) | Willis Park, Castle Cove (Red, Orange, Green Ball)
- Suited for: 5-17 years
- Cost: Camp 1: $85/day, $295/4-day camp | Camp 2: $85/day, $350/5-day camp
- Website: lovendeuce.com.au
Easter School Holiday Swimming Programs
Turramurra Learn to Swim (Turramurra)
Want to see your child make real progress with their swimming these Easter School Holidays? Then book them in for an intensive four or five-day swimming course with Turramurra Learn To Swim. The 30-minute lessons are structured according to ability and age to ensure children have the best learning environment while also having fun! With only one class at a time, distractions are reduced. A comfortable air-conditioned area is provided for parents and the pool is indoors and heated to 33C.
The following events and activities have unfortunately been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Willoughby Leisure Centre Kids Klub
- Carlile Swimming
- Kool Kidzz
- Motiv8sports: “We are experiencing unprecedented events and as always the health and safety of our campers remains our highest priority. In light of the most recent announcements it will not be possible or safe to conduct our scheduled Super Camps within the latest Health Department guidelines. We hope everyone in the Motiv8sports community stays safe and we look forward to a time where we can once again provide our campers with the best holiday experience on the planet.”