Loreto Normanhurst is a leading Catholic, independent day and boarding secondary school for girls from Years 5-12, with boarding from Years 7-12, mainly from country NSW and the Sydney basin. Loreto’s unique and robust Loreto Normanhurst Student Growth Model (LNSGM) focuses on the development of students in a holistic sense, utilising the key areas of Faith, Academic, Community and Extra-curricular (FACE) to focus on individual student growth.
A holistic Loreto education places equal emphasis on learning and on building relationships in a caring community. The unique and robust Loreto Normanhurst Student Growth Model (LNSGM) motivates students to be life-long learners and critical thinkers dedicated to all areas of the FACE Curriculum – Faith, Academic, Community and Extra-curricular. Guided by an active faith, Loreto Normanhurst prioritise social justice and encourage students to take action as informed, loving and responsible servant leaders in their communities.
- Ages: Year 5 – Year 12
- Gender: Girls
- Religion: Catholic
- Boarding: Yes
- Extracurricular activities offered:
- Creative: Music, Drama, Debating, Public Speaking
- Sport: Football, Netball, Hockey, Softball, Tennis, AFL, Rugby 7’s, Badminton, Triathlon, Rowing, Basketball, Equestrian, Snow Sports, Touch Football, Water Polo, Cricket, Flippa Ball (primary), Cheerleading, Duke of Ed, Gymnastics, Jumps, Pilates, Fitness, Dance, Taekwondo, Swimming
- Overseas Tours
- Future Problem Solving
- Clubs: Ecology Club, Kitchen Garden Club, Maths Olympiad, Maths Games Club, Robotics, Social Justice Club, Tech Angels, Audio Visual Student Team, Chess & Strategic Games, Coding Club, Photography Club, Science Club, Student Alliance Networking Group (Years 9 – 11), Student Newspaper: The Mary Word, Tech Hub, Visual Arts Open Studio, Global Issues Booklet Program
- Transport Options:
- Train: Normanhurst Railway Station about 400m from the school with an overhead walkway over Pennant Hills Road
- Private Bus: Private bus services Mosman/North Shore, Northern Beaches, Lane Cove/North Ryde, The Hills District, Drummoyne/Gladesville, Arcadia.
- Bus: The Government M60 Service also has a stop on Pennant Hills Road directly at the school gate.
- Internal Drop-off/Pickup zone inside the school grounds for both public and private bus services.
- Scholarships: Boarding Scholarship. Apply via the Loreto website @ www.loretonh.nsw.edu.au
Virtual Open Day, Saturday, 6 March 2021
Register at www.loretonh.nsw.edu.au