Hi, I’m Kate Curtis, a mum of two and a uni-qualified, food-loving nutritionist based in Davidson. My purpose is to assist clients of all ages find solutions to their niggling health and lifestyle issues, and not just through nutrition alone.
Why I’m a nutritionist, and why I love it
It was my own journey with poor health that sparked my interest in studying health science and nutrition. I was suffering from a mystery illness and found it very difficult to find answers. Not getting anywhere, I had to take charge, and despite its challenges, I enjoyed it – so much that I developed a desire to help others overcome their health obstacles.
How I can help
I explore both past and present health for a complete picture before we work together on an agreeable plan. Being an advocate for good health, I will always recommend other avenues that I feel are necessary to get you feeling optimal. What’s really important to me is that my clients get the best possible care through the most appropriate care.
- Evidence-based and without judgement (because, we’re all different and that’s what makes us human)
- I provide personalised, and practical advice tailored to you and your life circumstances
- I aim for minimal restriction and maximum enjoyment so that any change you choose to make is achievable and sustainable
- I adopt a ‘food first’ focus because eating well provides the best possible foundation for good health and is often the most cost-effective
- I am not influenced by, or have exclusive ties to any dietary supplement company. Completely independent.
My areas of interest
- Women’s health
- Prenatal, pregnancy, and postnatal nutrition
- Fatigue management
- Autoimmune conditions
- Gut health
- Children’s nutrition, fussy eating, and minimising mealtime stress
- Eating well with coeliac disease
I look forward to helping you!
Qualifications and training
+ BHSc (Food & Nutrition)
+ SOS Approach to Feeding Level 1
Free 15 minute mini-consultation to all prospective clients.
20% off your initial consultation (1-1.5hrs) for bookings taken in January and February 2018. Please mention North Shore Mums when booking.
- What’s On
- Out & About