Fun baby & toddler music and movement classes in Mosman, Kirribilli, Crows Nest & Freshwater.
Joey Jig Music weekly classes offer an introduction to music and dance that babies and toddlers can easily understand and enjoy. Our age appropriate classes are 30 minutes in length, each child is to be accompanied by a parent or carer. Joey Jig classes include traditional nursery rhymes and fun original themed songs composed by owner/teacher Alicia to engage and entertain both Bubs and Mums. Children are introduced to the ‘classroom experience’ learning to focus and listen, helping the developing brain with language and reasoning. Students explore sound through music, discovering tempo, pitch, dynamics and rhythm and also have fun whilst using their wonderful imaginations!
- SWING SWING: 3 months – 1 year: Classes explore music and gentle rhythms to engage your little ones. Our lessons are a wonderful bonding time for parent/carer and baby, Bubs enjoy gentle songs, playing with percussion, moving to the beat and fascinating sounds and sights for a rich sensory experience.
- BE-BOP: 1-2 year olds: Themed classes involve colourful props, dancing, story time and playing percussion with the ‘Joey Jig’ band. New walkers begin exploring their personal space through music and movement. Early speech development is encouraged as we experiment with sounds, whilst exploring motor and concentration skills.
- JUMP & JIVE: 2 – 4 years. Exciting themed Jump & Jive classes encourage social bonds, sharing, copying, taking turns and working as a group. Dynamics, tempo and pitch are further explored as we compose musical stories, dance and play along with the Joey Jig orchestra. Classes are fun but focused providing high quality pre school education.
Classes are held at:
- Crows Nest: Monday mornings & Monday afternoons
- Freshwater: Tuesday mornings
- Mosman: Wednesday mornings
- Kirribilli: Thursday & Friday mornings
Mention North Shore Mums for a free trial class.