Sydney Grammar School, St Ives Preparatory School, is a unique educational environment where curious boys thrive and grow amid rich, varied and rigorous learning opportunities. St Ives Prep embraces a strong school-wide culture of reading and the joy of discovery.
The School has both impressive curricula and extra-curricula programmes with the boys growing and learning in fields such as literacy, music, drama, sport, the visual arts, languages, debating, STEM, science and chess. St Ives Prep is dedicated to developing rounded boys who are passionate about learning and keen to be active, informed and critical thinkers. The School is set in beautiful grounds with plenty of space to play.
St Ives Preparatory School prepares boys for entry to Sydney Grammar School at College Street in the city.
- Ages: Preschool – Year 6
- Gender: Boys
- Religion: Secular
- Boarding: No
- Extracurricular activities offered: Rugby, Football, AFL, Cricket, Tennis, Basketball, Softball, Swimming Squad, Multi-Sports Fitness Program, Robotics Club, Typing Club, Debating Coaching, Chess Coaching, Taekwondo, Fencing, and more than 30 Ensembles, including a full Symphony Orchestra.
- Notable Alumni: A proud tradition of producing independent, often pioneering young men with the drive and confidence to make the most of opportunities and to make a difference in the world.
- Transport Options:
- Private Bus: The Sydney Grammar School private bus service has a real time tracking app for parents making travelling to and from St Ives Prep easier than ever.
- Bus: Well serviced by several buses that come directly into the School and others that service the North Shore and the Northern Beaches.
- Scholarships: Sydney Grammar School offers up to 25 academic scholarships every year to boys entering Year 7. Some of their scholarships are outright awards, others are means-tested. The Scholarship Exam is held each year in February.
- Fees: $26,727 (Preschool) – $33,531 (Year 6). View fee schedule.