Situated on 20 hectares of park-like grounds on Sydney’s North Shore, Pymble Ladies’ College is a non-selective independent school for girls from Kindergarten to Year 12, with Boarding available from Year 7.
Founded in 1916, Pymble Ladies College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for each student so she develops a passion for learning and scholarship, a strong assurance of her own worth, and the desire and values to contribute meaningfully to her local and global communities.
The college provides myriad opportunities for excellence in academic studies, sports and the arts, a comprehensive curriculum with outstanding facilities and a nurturing pastoral care program that recognises and develops each girl’s unique strengths and qualities. Pymble also fosters an international education environment, promoting global citizenship and a worldwide perspective.
- Ages: Kindergarten – Year 12
- Gender: Girls
- Religion: Uniting Church
- Boarding: Yes
- Extracurricular activities offered:
- Sports: Pymble sets the standard in girls’ school sporting prowess. Year after year, and in numerous sports, activities and age groups, Pymble students achieve truly outstanding results while conducting themselves with grace and fairness. From fitness-training before school, to state and international-level competitions, Pymble’s sports and activities program offers something for every student. Find out more.
- Activities: Pymble Ladies’ College believes in a balanced educational experience. In supporting the academic curriculum, the co-curricular activities program provides a platform on which students grow into healthy, capable and confident adults.
- The wide range of programs allows students a pathway to develop their talent and skills in a safe, informative and friendly environment. Our activities are directed towards character development and unique learning opportunities for valuable life lessons and universal values – teamwork, self-discipline and hard work. Find out more.
- Notable Alumni: Ellyse Perry, Melissa Doyle, Dame Joan Hammond, Jacqueline McKenzie, Elizabeth Evatt, Edwina Tops-Alexander
- Transport Options:
- Train: 5-minute walk from Pymble train station
- Private Bus: There are five dedicated bus services (Hunters Hill, Lower North Shore, North West, Northern Beaches, Lower Northern Beaches). Find out more.
- Scholarships: PLC offers a number of scholarships each year to girls entering Years 7 to 11.
- Junior Academic Scholarship (Year 7)
- Performance Scholarship – Music (Year 7)
- Performance Scholarship – Sport (Years 7 to 11)
- All-rounder Scholarship (Years 7 to 11)
- Boarding Scholarships (Years 7 to 11)
- Senior Academic Scholarship (Year 11)
- Ex-Students’ Union Scholarship (Year 11)
- Indigenous Scholarship (Years 7 to 11)
- Barbara Mary Nippress Memorial Scholarship (Years 7 to 10)
Pymble Ladies College Scholarship details
- Fees: $21,300 (Kindergarten) to $33,654 (Year 12). View fee schedule.