Are you after a facial treatment that actually improves the appearance of your skin, long term? Whether you’re worried about fine lines and wrinkles, scarring or pigmentation, Dermapen in a revolutionary new skin treatment that works deep within the skin to naturally improve the overall appearance. Claire from The Laser Lounge explains what to expect from the treatment.
Dermapen can be known as a few different names… collagen induction therapy, percutaneous collagen induction, micro needling and dermal needling. It may sound a little scary, but it’s a revolutionary new treatment that provides long-term and permanent improvements to skin. So if you have concerns about aging, pigmentation or scarring, this is one treatment that you should try!
How does it work?
Ready to get clinical? DermapenTM creates controlled pinpoint trauma to the dermis, which facilitates rapid healing of the skin and triggers the body’s wound healing cascade. Immune cells rapidly proliferate and migrate to the wounded area, releasing various essential growth factors which ultimately leads to the production of newer, stronger collagen.
Dermapen improves the skin in the following ways:
- Improved appearance of scarring including acne scarring and stretch marks
- Improves both chronological aging and photoaging
- Improved appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin laxity
- Skin rejuvenation, plumping and thickening of the dermis and epidermis improves the overall appearance of the skin
- Evens out skin tone and texture and reduces pore size
Before your first Dermapen treatment, you need to first prime your skin with Vitamin C and Vitamin A for at least three weeks prior to the procedure to enhance the potential wound healing response and general function of the skin. Pop into the Laser Lounge in Wahroonga for a skin consultation and to get the ball rolling.
The treatment begins with a deeply hydrating serum applied to the skin. This allows the dermapen to glide over the treatment area whilst infusing the serum. Sterile techniques and infection control measures are utilised for optimal hygiene standards with the needle tips sterile and individually pre-packaged. Mul
How many treatments are required?
The number of treatments required will depend on the condition being treated, the severity of the condition and the client response to treatment. Typically a course of 3-6 treatments are required at intervals of 4-8 weeks. Collagen remodeling takes time therefore full results are not expected until 6-12 months post procedure.
Treatment Post Care
To avoid complications, it is important to follow all post care advice. Minimal downtime is expected for 4- 7 days depending on the depth of treatment. Sun protection and avoidance is important during healing.. When advised, the application of active ingredients especially Vitamins A, C and AHA’s enhance results and improve wound healing.
Expected Clinical Outcomes
- Immediate (short term): Mild to moderate redness, swelling, bruising, minor crusting for up to 4-7 days depending on the depth of treatment
- Mid term (approximately 8 weeks post procedure): Some aesthetic improvement, skin appears refreshed.
- Long term (approximately 6 -12 months plus post procedure): Marked improvement of skin tone, texture and firmness. Skin is visibly rejuvenated.
Why try Dermapen?
- Rapid healing, minimal downtime
- Treatments may be repeated to achieve the desired clinical effects
- Results are permanent
- Can be combined with other therapies such as cosmetic fillers, anti-wrinkle injections, chemical peels, LED and lasers to enhance results
- Lower risk of side effects when compared with ablative methods of skin resurfacing and is much less invasive
- Beneficial for most skin types and conditions
- Any part of the body may be treated
Interested in trying Dermapen? Visit The Laser Lounge website to find your nearest clinic.