Work is set to start on new park and playground in Turramurra! Allan Avenue Reserve in Turramurra will be the site of Ku-ring-gai Council’s latest new park. Here are all the details.
Work on the new park on the corner or Allan Avenue and Duff Street Turramurra will begin next week and is due for completion next summer.
The new park is being built on land the Council has purchased as part of its Open Space Acquisition Strategy. This strategy aims to provide new open space and other facilities for areas in Ku-ring-gai identified as having high population growth.
Features of the new park include:
- A playground catering for a range of age groups and abilities
- Open areas of lawn with shade trees for relaxing
- Picnic tables and seating
- Accessible pathways
The design for the new park has been shaped by community feedback, with local residents invited to comment on the design as part of further community consultation in late 2017.
Suggestions and ideas were included where possible or adapted to ensure the community’s views made it into the final plans.
The following design objectives were developed in response to community feedback:
- Provide a social meeting place that includes areas for sitting and relaxing, play, fitness and informal recreation.
- Create inclusive spaces for a variety of age groups and abilities.
- Retain existing trees and vegetation with high landscape value and enhance the site’s landscape.
The new park at Turramurra is the latest in a series of new play and open space areas being constructed by the Council, which also announced work is starting on the regional playground at St Ives Showground later this year.
Other playground and sporting projects on the Council’s capital works list include new cricket nets at Lindfield Soldiers Park and a playground upgrade at Morona Avenue Wahroonga.