Looking for an indoor rock climbing centre near the North Shore? If your child is a little monkey, put those climbing skills to use at an indoor centre! Excellent for building confidence and problem solving skills as well as improving fitness, you will all soon be hitting new heights!
1. Climb Fit, St Leonards
Kids aged 4 years and above can try. Climb Fit also offer Weekly Kids Club, Holiday Kids Camp and private lessons
- Where: Unit 4/12 Frederick St, St Leonards
- Cost: Kids (under 18) entry + harness $18 or Entry, harness + shoes $21. Adults entry + harness $25 or Entry, harness + shoes $28
- Website: climbfit.com.au/kids
2. Northern Beaches Rock House Indoor Climbing Centre
The Northern Beaches Rockhouse has been a successful indoor climbing centre for over 19 years.
- Where: 9 – 13 Winbourne Road Brookvale
- Cost: Under 16 $17, Student $21, Adult $22.50
- Website: rockhouse.com.au
3. The Edge Rock Climbing Centre, Castle Hill
With over 120 climbs and walls for 5 to 85 years old Wedge Rock Climbing Centre has climbs for everyone.
- Where: 9/10 Hudson Ave, Castle Hill
- Cost: Child (under 12), Climbing + Harness $16 or Climbing + Padded Harness, Shoes & Chalk Hire $26, Student Climbing + Harness $18 or Climbing + Padded Harness, Shoes & Chalk Hire $28, Adult Climbing + Harness $21 or Climbing + Padded Harness, Shoes & Chalk Hire $31
- Website: edgerockclimbing.com.au
4. Peak Pursuits, Castle Hill
Peak Pursuits is an indoor recreational sports centre in Castle Hill. It includes a ropes course, vertical activities, leap of faith, fun walls, and more. Activities are designed with varying degrees of difficulty and are themed for fun to bring joy and laughter to participants of all ages.
- Where: 49/5 Gladstone Rd, Castle Hill
- Cost: Child (under 5) $13, Child (5-17 years) $20, Adults 18+ $25. 1 Jump (big drop or Kungfu Poles $5. Leap of Faith ($8 per leap)
- Website: peakpursuits.com.au
5. Clip’n Climb Central Coast
Just a 30 minute drive from Wahroonga up the M1, Clip’n Climb is located within the Central Coast Leagues Club and features 28 unique themed climbing walls. There’s also a Monkey Mania located within the Leagues Club if you have smaller ones to entertain. Plus afterwards there’s lots of dining options (including an all-you-can-eat Star Buffet). Let your kids enjoy the experience of climbing in a fully-supervised and colourful climbing space. It truly is a WOW activity, fun for all ages!
- Where: Level 1 Central Coast Leagues Club, Gosford
- Cost: Over 6 years $18, Leap of Faith (2x), Skyfall (2x) $5
- Website: clipnclimbcentralcoast.com.au
6. Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym, St Peters
This indoor climbing gym is the Southern Hemisphere’s biggest climbing gym. Sydney Rock Climbing also offers programs that run during term time, after school and weekend plus school holiday programs.
- Where: Unit 4C/1-7 Unwins Bridge Road, St Peters
- Cost: Child (6-11 years) entry + harness $20 or entry, harness + shoes $24, Concession (12-17 years) entry + harness $23.50 or entry, harness + shoes $27.50, Adults entry + harness $27 or entry, harness + shoes $31
- Website: indoorclimbing.com.au
7. Sky Zone, Alexandria
Sky Zone brings you the funnest indoor climbing for kids to scale the skies. Clamber your way through a variety of walls and obstacles and challenge your friends to come out on top. Once you have climbed to the sky you can also have fun jumping!
- Where: 75 O’Riordan St, Alexandria
- Cost: 1 hour $18pp, 2 hours $36pp
- Website: skyzone.com.au
8. 9 Degrees, Alexandria
Bouldering is the safest form of indoor climbing. The maximum height of the walls is ‘only’ 4.5m and the floor is covered with large thick soft mats. There are fun climbs for everyone. All ages are welcome but most enjoyable for ages 10+
- Where: Building 3, 85 O’Riordan St, Alexandria
- Cost: Day pass (unlimited access) $19.80. Shoe rental $7
- Website: 9degrees.com.au