Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries…it can be so hard to find a gift that’s meaningful and easy on the wallet, too. So imagine spending less than $3 and just a few minutes of your time to make a bunch of beautiful presents filled with your and Mother Nature’s love, and is organic and no-tox!
These five handmade gifts will be appreciated, loved by your loved ones, will actually get used and are great for their health! Here’s our list of gift ideas to fulfill all your wishes, all made with certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils and whole lot of LOVE.
1. Goddess Lip Balm
- 20 grams of organic beeswax (you can buy this from eBay)
- 30 grams of organic coconut oil
- 4 drops in total of one or more essential oils for aroma (I love lemon, wild orange, lemongrass, peppermint or grapefruit)
- Lip balm jars or tins (you can also buy these from eBay)
- Take a bowl (or double boiler) and melt the wax on steam (do not microwave as it is dangerous).
- Mix melted hot wax very well with coconut oil.
- Add a few drops of essential oils into jars or tins.
- Immediately spread the hot wax and coconut oil mix into the jars, and mix well.
2. Little Baby Roller
(Safe dilution for babies over age one is 1 drop of essential oils per 10ml of carrier oil. Please do not stray from this. For older children, it is 3 drops of essential oils per 10ml. These oils are safe for babies and toddlers. I recommend that you patch test first for babies in case of skin sensitivity.)
Within the 20ml roller bottles, there’s a 4 half-drop of certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, mixed with fractionated coconut oil. We wait for the drop to form on the side of the bottle and then “clip” it off as it falls into the roller bottle.
Hush Little Baby Blend is: vertiver, clary sage, frankincense and wild orange. You can make a 20ml of this and split it between four 5ml roller bottles.
Mama Needs Her Sleep is: lavender, frankincense, geranium and ylang ylang.
Add a little label and gift with a little toy or decoration.
3. Magnesium Deotx Bath Salts with Chamomile Flowers
Ingredients (makes 1 cup so double or triple for more):
- 1 cup Epsom Salts
- 2 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of Clary Sage essential oil
- 1 tbs dried flowers. Please use organic. We source ours from The Source Bulk Foods.
Rule of thumb is to use 6 drops of essential oils for every 1 cup of Epsom Salts.
Mix and store your bath salt in a glass jar, and use 1/4 cup at a time. (Tip: re-use any glass jam jars, easily remove the label by leaving the jar in hot water for 10 minutes.)
Please do not use plastic jars as it can damage the integrity of essential oils.
4. Sexy Blend
Do you know that there are essential oils that are good for increasing your libido?
Yep! Oils for S-E-X! These oils include ylang ylang, clary sage, geranium, and cinnamon.
- 20ml roller bottle (you can buy them from eBay or here)
- 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops of ylang ylang essential oil
- 2 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 2 drops of geranium essential oil
- 20ml fractionated coconut oil
Mix together in a roller bottle and apply to writes, spine and neck on your romantic date to seduce your lover.
5. Wild Bliss Balls
We make these for every oily workshops, and they are always a BIG hit! I have to hide them from the kids before the workshop, and the adults who come to the workshop keeps grabbing more, until it’s all gone.
They’re healthy and yummy, and both mamas and kids have permission to eat as many as they like.
- 1 cup almond meal (or hazelnut meal)
- 8 medjool dates (soaked for 30 minutes), pitted
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (you can get these from health food stores)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 pinch of Celtic sea salt (from local health food store, best salt ever!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops of wild orange essential oils (you can also use lemon, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, or peppermint)
- Optional: desiccated coconut, or hemp seeds
- Blend the almond meal, coconut oil, cacao nibs, cacao powder, sea salt and vanilla extract in a food processor.
- While the motor is running, add the pitted medjool dates one at a time, until the mixture starts to form a ball. Add more coconut oil if you feel the mixture is too dry.
- Add a few drops of essential oils. I recommend that you start with a few drops, and remember less is more, especially for peppermint. Always taste it before deciding to add more drops.
- Make small balls by rolling 1 or 2 tbsp of the dough between your hands.
- Roll the balls over desiccated coconut or hemp seeds, or dust with cacao powder (optional).
- Place in a glass jar and store in the fridge. Tie a bow around the top and add a tag of recipe, so your recipient can make the balls herself (she’s going to ask you for it anyway).
If giving a teddy bear to a mama or child, gift a bottle of lavender with it. Drip some lavender on the teddy before bed and the child will sleep peacefully amidst the organic aroma.