1. Opera in the Domain
Take in the magnificent voices of members of the Australian Opera and the Australian Ballet Orchestra as they perform arias under the stars. Take a picnic blanket and a sumptuous feast for the family, or take advantage of the bars and stalls on site.
2. The Beach Art Installation at Barangaroo
Great for bigger kids, and teenagers The Beach is a crazy art installation immersive experience made of 1.1 million recyclable polyethylene balls, poured into a pit to make a 60-metre wide ocean! You’re allowed to ‘take a dip’ in any of the ticketed sessions in January (all-ages ticket session or the 18+ only sessions on Friday and Saturday evenings) or just turn up and try your luck!
- Cost: Some ticketed sessions for $15, or otherwise free
- Address: The Cutaway at Barangaroo Reserve, Hickon Road
- Dates: Various dates in January (closed Mondays)
- More info: The Beach Website