The last Monday night Business Hour for 2017 will be
Monday 18 December, 8-9pm
Who can post during Business Hour?
Members who advertise their business on the North Shore Mums website are allowed to post during Business Hour. You must have a current listing in the NSM Directory, or have run any other kind of advertising in the last 6 months (e.g. banner advertising, promotion, newsletter).
Members are also welcome to post during this hour if they write a personal blog, run a not-for-profit Facebook page or group, or other not-for-profit organisation (e.g. playgroup).
I’m an advertiser but not a member of the NSM Facebook Group. How do I join?
- If you’re a local mum, click here to join the Facebook group. Ensure your privacy settings are lowered so we can check you are a real person.
- If you’re not a North Shore Mum, you are welcome to get your wife, partner, sister or friend to post on your behalf. Just provide them with the words for the post and an image to upload!
- Please note: Only personal profiles are able to join Facebook groups (not business pages). So any business hour posts will come from your personal profile.
How do I post during Business Hour?
- Go to the NSM Facebook Group (you must be a member first)
- Click ‘Add Photo/Video’
- Upload ONE image (only)
- Write a blurb to sell your product/service with any relevant contact details and links.
- Click ‘post’.
What should a Business Hour post contain?
Business posts should include the following:
- Company name – this sounds obvious, but so many people forget to write their company name!
- Description – an engaging and exciting description about what your business offers, and any special offers. You are competing with lots of other business posts in this hour, so make it personal, interesting and valuable to make people want to stop and read your post.
- Link – a link to your website or social media pages
- Contact details – email or mobile
- ONE image OR one video – posts should include one image or video (only). This could be your business logo or a collage of products, whatever you choose. Posts with multiple images will be deleted, as it causes issues on the newsfeed. You can also upload a short video or link to youtube.
Are there any rules?
- Advertisers only – Business hour is only for members who advertise on the NSM website.
- Do not ask people to comment on the post – If you are giving away a free sample or running a competition, please ask people to enter via your website or Facebook page, as it unfairly bumps the post.
- No bumping – don’t artificially ‘bump’ your post by commenting. You may reply to a direct question.
- Do not PM members who have showed interest but not asked to be contacted – unsolicited messaging is generally not received well. People will contact you if they want more information or to buy.
- Job ads are not allowed. If you would like to advertise a job to North Shore Mums, you can do so via the Job Board.
Business Hour Dates 2018 (1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month, 8-9pm)
- 2 & 16 January
- 6 & 20 February
- 6 & 20 March
- 3 & 17 April
- 1 & 15 May
- 5 & 19 June
- 3 & 17 July
- 7 & 21 August
- 4 & 18 September
- 2 & 16 October
- 6 & 20 November
- 4 & 18 December
Please note: Business hour is strictly one hour. Posts before 8pm and after 9pm will not be approved.
How can I become an advertiser so I can post during Business Hour?
If you would like to post during Business Hour but have not yet advertised on northshoremums.com.au, listings in the NSM Directory start at just $12/month on an auto-renewal plan. Give it a try! You can cancel at any time. Click here for more details.
We also offer banner advertising, promotions and e-newsletter/Facebook packages. Click here for more details.